Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Weeks

Terminal connection tunnel at the Detroit airport.

Skateboarders in Old Saginaw City.



My first time shooting hockey, the Saginaw Spirit vs. the Plymouth Whalers.



On SVSU's campus outside of a building where I was shooting an assignment.

Kids going home for the day at Carrollton Elementary School.

The Learning Garden at Carrollton Elementary School.

I had to shoot an antique festival in Midland, it turned out to be more of a flea market but I was lucky enough to stumble upon these dancers.

The winner of the Tri-Valley Conference Central Division cross country jamboree.

A runner approaching the finish line at the Tri-Valley Conference Central Division cross country jamboree.

Chesaning High School tennis.

I do not usually like the way it looks shooting football with a strobe, but this one came out ok.

Marchers walking down E. Genesee in downtown Saginaw during a rally and march against violence in Saginaw, partially sparked by the recent killing of a 9-year-old boy.

The Midland Dow High School swimmer that won the 100-yard butterfly at the Tri-Cities swim meet in Midland.

I'm still trying to nail a good vertical panning shot of a diver since I can't use my lights.

An Essexville Garber High School swimmer in the 100-yard backstroke at the Tri-Cities swim meet in Midland.

On my way back from Midland I went on a drive through some rural back roads and found this railroad bridge just south of Saginaw.

Flew down to Kentucky for a few days last week, been back in Saginaw for well over a week now. Here are some images from the past two weeks, personal and newspaper assignments.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I borrowed the first skateboard pic for a talk I will be giving on adolescents and modern rites of passage into manhood. Great shot. I keep thinking National Geographic when I scroll through your work. I really can't believe how good they are (maybe because I knew you when you were a child).

    ReplyDelete